Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Devolve

In the creation of Devolve I was the Art lead of the project and the overall supervisor. This project was a full packed experience for all the team members that came onto the team. We called ourselves Team Gambit. Building a game takes much effort and planning. And quite a bit of team work. One of my main jobs for our team was planning out the game, witch included asset organization, schedules, goals, maintaining team motivation, tasking each member with assignments, just about anything and everything that was management I took care of it. I also did modeling texturing, C# coding, level layout, and animations. I tried to keep our team motivated by asking them was they wanted to do for the team. I usually kept everyone doing something that they where good at or they wanted to the job. Although, eventually we all had to take tasks that needed to be done rather than just what they wanted to do. Keeping track of everything that was complete and still needed to be completed was a challenge in and of itself. Creating spread sheets and a list for just about everything was called for. Working with this team game me knowledge on how to manage a team correctly and how not to, but in the end we all learn how to be a part of a team.

Designed and modeled by team members, Rigged and Textured by Michael Benton