Monday, August 10, 2015

2.5D Side scroller

I designed this to be a 2.5 dimensional game; this genre sometimes is two-dimensional drawings with a ¾ bird’s eye view. In addition, it can be a built with 3D assets along with the same view or another fixed position view. This game is built with 3D assets using a side scrolled 2D view. I used 3D Studio Max to model the assets and 3D Coat to texture them. Unity 4.5 was used as the game engine. I used Java Script and C# for scripting the mechanics and functions.
The simple side scrolled game only has one objective get to the end of the sewer. You have a ma health of 30 yet each monster that attacks you deals 10 damage. To get to the end you will need to defeat or avoid them. Although that is not the only obstacle you have, doors that require keys will be stopping you on their path to the end.  Platforming is a big part of it as well. Power cells are scattered around the level to give your jet pack enough energy for one boost per power cell.

I created this on my own. Going further with this project, I will recreate the assets and texture maps to give them more definition and resolution. I will also create each character to be fully figured. I also plan to use the Unreal Engine 4 game engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment