Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Asteroph's Arrival

Asteroph is an astronaut that crashed onto a planet on his mission to seek a new habitable planet. He discovered himself laying on a table when he awoke from his crash. Fighting aliens, finding out where and why he is in a bazaar spaceship is a big part of the story.
I designed the game as a first person shooter (FPS) to allow for more suspense and fear into the player’s emotions. While playing you come across insect larva, eggs, and hatch-lings themselves. You must defend yourself to continue.  


With Autodesk 3D Studio Max, I created the space ship, enemy and the other assets that I needed to make the game. I used Adobe Photoshop for the textures. I had just learned how to create physical based rendering materials (PBR mats); I used this technique to create the texture for the assets. I used Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) to compile the game together. Within UE4 is a visual scripting application that allows you to create functions, variables, and event scripts much easier, just takes a few tutorials to get some basics done and you can make a simple game without having to touch any code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment